Is there a Vegetarian Option? Yes!

Again, three courses for 4 people for under £15!

2 Likes

I came across this recently too - the canned food menu.

Waste is still such a big issue and the nutritional content of a lot of canned foods is still decent https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/canned-food-recipes

I saw that one, too @darren There are loads of great ideas to reduce waste on BBC Food. It’s great to see them engage with sustainability as well as keeping costs down.

1 Like

Frozen is a good one too - still think there’s a big misconception that frozen isn’t as good as fresh (when often the opposite is actually true!)

Thanks so much for posted this, being a vegetarian it can sometimes be difficult finding a good enough option, especially when it comes to roasts and Christmas meals! I have noticed things have been much better over the recent years with more vegetarian options which are actually appealing.

1 Like

Yes, @VeenaL There has been a lot of progress with more and more vegetarian and vegan choice. Good for the planet too!

Hope you find a great option.

1 Like

There definitely are and I have to say I very much look forward to a hearty veggie pie, creamy mash and hot gravy on a cold winters day! It’s is the best kind of comfort food!

1 Like

I saw this, and thought it looked amazing @VeenaL

Probably needs a lot of time, though.

2 Likes

ohh yes this does look good! I actually had my first ever Nut Roast last year :see_no_evil: The sound of it didn’t really appeal to me but I gave it a go and didn’t regret it! It was delicious and worked so well with the roast veggies and gravy. I’m not the biggest fan of sweet veggies like butternut squash or sweet potato so love seeing savoury veggie dishes made with mushrooms and other veg. I definitely need to try my hand at making a nut roast now! If I attempt it, I’ll let you know how it goes!

2 Likes

If all goes to plan…do share a few pics, and even better, tell us what is taste like… @VeenaL

2 Likes