January Recommendations

Does anyone have any recommendations of things to do to cure the January blues? The other week I went to see Darren Brown’s ‘Showman’. It was an inspiring show and am now wanting to train as a hypnotherapist :joy:

1 Like

Hey @Robyn - glad to hear the show was great. I’ve always found Derren Brown a really fascinating person. If you get a chance, look up his books too.

His “tricks of the mind” one is a great read about influencing behaviour with psychology. Maybe give that a go to continue to life those Jan blues?

I know people say he is unbelievably good live, @Robyn but suspect that may not be what you would get from a training :joy:

He walked past me in a theatre once, and he had something about him, a twinkle in his eyes, that was really striking. Came across as genuinely warm.

Perhaps he could join the Keeping Well Team?

1 Like

Yes actually I’m planning on getting one of his books as there was a really good podcast he did where he spoke about some ideas involved e.g. about happiness and wellbeing

2 Likes

Exciting that you walked past him and yes aha I’d love if he joined the Keeping Well Team! We could learn a thing or two from him.
Although at his show he made me get up on stage and embarrass myself so might need some time to pass before our next encounter

2 Likes

Now that is a good therapist @Robyn! They get you to do something embarrassing, and you still rate them :rofl:

I wish someone could hypnotise me to do the things that I should do, but don’t want to, so that I could be unconscious as I got through them…