Return of "free" hot drink at Waitrose

Waitrose isn’t a brand necessarily most people’s ‘go to’ when they think about money saving. For many years however, Waitrose did offer free daily hot drinks for its “MyWaitrose” members (a free club akin to Clubcard or Nectar).

Out of the blue the free drink offer was pulled a while back, but the good news is its returning on November 7th 2022!

Now, technically you need to buy something in Waitrose to qualify for the drink, but Be Clever With Your Cash’s Andy Webb has a brilliant article on how to beat the system for a few pence.

It’s a great read; as long as you take your own cup and buy something super cheap (Andy suggests a single-button mushroom for 1p) you qualify!

Realistically it may be that a 20p banana is more practical - so a hot coffee on your way into work and a mid-morning health snack dirt cheap.

Have a read > Here <

1 Like

I used to love my free Waitrose coffee on the way to work! Glad to see it is back!

2 Likes

Visions of you arriving in the office with your free coffee and a single button mushroom to beat the system :slight_smile:

I’ll send a picture! haha

1 Like

#buttongate could be trending soon… :slight_smile:

‘Waitrose’ in a Cost of Living section… :crazy_face:

1 Like

If you choose Waitrose’s version of their basic brand for staples, they’re actually better than you might think…a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the best news!! This will be an excuse for me to leave the house and go on a walk when WFH for a free drink!

In other Waitrose price-cutting news, I saw in store the other day they have started offering lower prices on some products if you have a ‘MyWaitrose’ card, like with Nectar or Clubcard. Never thought I’d see the day!

2 Likes

Thanks @Ella - that’s a great idea to use it as a reason to get some fresh air and exercise when WFH too.

I think Waitrose has done a lot to reposition themselves. For the most part their ‘basics’ type ranges are about the same as anywhere else.

Don’t forget the button mushroom @Ella! Pics optional :joy:

1 Like

i think everyone should try a different food item and we’ll see what we end up with.

Wonder if they sell peanuts singularly? :slight_smile:

Just boosting this up as it starts today! (@Hannah @Ella @RDG and @everyone!)

Just adding the Waitrose Branch finder, if you are not sure where the nearest one is:

2 Likes

Time to start a few more ‘fake commutes’!

1 Like

These fake commutes help with so many things!

1 Like

Shame they don’t take you to fake work at the end :crazy_face:

1 Like

@Hannah @RDG did anyone try it out so far this week (the fake commute + waitrose coffee?) Still keen to see how people did the minimal spend bit :slight_smile:

Unfortunately my closest Waitrose is slightly too far for the morning commute, however I am keen to try it. Not sure I’m confident enough to go for the single mushroom but we shall see!

1 Like

@Hannah Same for me…I was prepared to buy the mushroom and everything.

2 Likes

That mushroom would power the walk back though? :smiley:

1 Like