Vaccines: What are Your Issues?

How are you talking with your staff about this. I’m worried, as hospital admissions seem to be going up, I don’t know what to say to my staff who refuse to get vaccinated.

1 Like

We’ve tried everything, and I think now, the staff that don’t want to be vaccinated either say they need more time or are worried about fertility, especially the younger staff. Hard to know what else we can do.

I wonder what the general consensus about this is now, as the deadline for this creeps closer. I believe staff must have to have had their first dose by this Thursday? I can imagine this being a really stressful time for all care home staff (vaccinated and unvaccinated).

1 Like

I thought it was last Thursday that you had to have the first dose?

But whatever those facts, it is so hard for all of those that have worked tirelessly through COVID to be the only ones who have to have mandatory vaccination…I wonder how many people feel that is the reason they won’t have the vaccine?

1 Like

It may well have been…all these deadlines are confusing! Do you mean the fact that it is mandatory might be putting people off?

1 Like

I was just hearing about a Care Home where the vaccinated staff are also feeling like they will resign, out of solidarity with their colleagues who don’t want the vaccine and so are having to leave. That’s both really moving and worrying.

1 Like

Very worrying. Wonder if anyone else on our community has seen or heard something similar?

That’s really sad to hear @RDG. I haven’t seen anything like that happening but I have felt that when one member of my team has voiced their concerns about the vaccine, others have spoken up and agreed.
I was reading on the news today about the rising cases as we head into a “challenging” winter and it made me wonder whether people’s views about the vaccine and the booster will change

2 Likes

I think some people do change their minds, but so much about vaccines relates to wider issues.
There is such a need to hear how people feel, first, and yet, as you say, there is a feeling of not much time.

Yes, that is a really important point. People’s feelings are so important and easily skimmed over! I think we should rally together and support one another as best we can, through the harder parts of the pandemic at least.

1 Like

Hi @Sophie, good afternoon! I really love what you said. It strikes me that we need to develop new habits of checking in with each other, more frequently and more sincerely than the workplace seems like it might allow. I’m reminded of the work of BJ Fogg in developing tiny habits by anchoring something we do every day anyways with a brand new habit.

1 Like

Wow - I just watched one of the videos on strengthening friendships and feel like I definitely could apply that really easily to my day to day life. It can be hard to implement change and keep it up but that seems like a really accessible way to make changes in the long run, especially in the world we live in at the moment. Thanks for sharing @Todd !

1 Like