Winter is approaching...how can we stay connected?

I am worried that the winter that is fast approaching is going to mirror last years. I felt really isolated and lonely at times, struggling to look forward to the Spring and lockdowns ending. I remember calling my friends more but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about how to keep connected and hopeful?!

3 Likes

Hi @Sophie, thanks for sharing your feelings. I know what you mean! One thing that I have tried is signing up for a service where I can be networked with people who have similar interests. For example, and this is not an endorsement, but I’ve tried and had positive experiences using https://lunchclub.com/ to meet new people. I really think we benefit from the novelty of meeting new people and if you’re locked down, it might be something you could check out?

2 Likes

@Todd That looks like a really cool service! Thank you for sharing. It’s really reassuring knowing that others are also looking to connect.

That reminds me about volunteering you can do, for example Volunteer | Campaign to End Loneliness (also not an endorsement!) where you sign up to connect to people to help them feel less lonely. Found it helps both parties!

2 Likes

Very interesting service, @Sophie! Thanks for sharing the link. I’m starting to feel that, as we get more people weighing in here, we might use this community to compile a resources list of links, ideas, and services to help us all get through the pandemic better.

2 Likes

That is a really lovely idea @Todd. I think that could be a great thing to have and nice that everyone can add their own ideas, or things that have really helped them.

2 Likes

Winter is definitely on its way. Here’s a picture from this weekend. It might be nice for members to post pictures from their walks on the board.

1 Like

Woah - so beautiful! Thanks for sharing - no sign of snow here yet. Here is a park I walked through this weekend

This is reminding me of Window Swap where you can watch the view from someone else’s window somewhere in the world. Very relaxing and always fools me into thinking I am actually there!

2 Likes

That’s absolutely gorgeous @Sophie. I :heart: love the idea of calling it a “window swap.”

2 Likes

Amazing sky at the beach recently - autumn is a great season for colour

2 Likes

That’s an awesome shot @darren. We ought to compare beach shots sometime!